Atjazz & OVEOUS – Soldiers By Soldiers
Fresh from the exciting collaboration between the US and UK, OVEOUS and Atjazz reload the powerful story of “Soldiers” by inviting some of the most exciting talent in the deep house genre to further illuminate us by putting their own spin on an already profound journey of acceptance in the face of ignorance. Welcome to “Soldiers By Soldiers”.
We kick off with DJ Tipz’s interpretation; a sleek and contemplative offering with a soft driving percussion to evoke the personal feel of OVEOUS’ lyrics.
Known for his eclectic style and high production values, Arnaud D adds a cutting synth and deep bass tone to proceedings with his “Deep Atmosphere Mix”. Arnaud then goes further with his “Deeper Mix”, this time taking a smoother, almost effortless approach to the cut.
Up next is a frequent ARCo collaborator; the ever-popular award-winning Jullian Gomes whose remix floats a velvet synth over a deeper, funkier overall vibe. Gomes then gives us a more introspective contribution by stepping up the melodies and concentrating on the overall feel of the dub on his second offering.
In steps a perfectionist in At One, whose remix evokes those early 90’s melodic hooks that devotees will appreciate and newcomers will love.
One half of the original duo, OVEOUS then returns to the fray next and by adding a tight hook and rhythmic bass he plays with the original “Soldiers” whilst introducing us to a new dimension of his art. One for those who like to move their hips!
Last to step to the plate is the other half of the original twosome, Atjazz, who adds his usual individual approach to the affair. A driving percussion and silky jazz notes take “Soldiers” to the next level and is a fitting finale to the EP.
Written by Martin Iveson & Ovil R Salcedo
Music and production by Atjazz
Lyrics & Vocals by OVEOUS
01. Remix and additional production by DJ Tipz, Published by Westbury Music Ltd. / Moca Arts ASCAP
02. & 03. Remix and additional production by Arnaud D, Published by Westbury Music Ltd. / Moca Arts ASCAP / Arnaud D SACEM
04. & 05. Remix and additional production by Jullian Gomes, Publised by Westbury Music Ltd. / Moca Arts ASCAP / PhgoonShal Sony ATV
06. Remix and additional production by At One, Westbury Music Ltd. / Moca Arts ASCAP / Copyright Control
07. & 08. Remix and additional production by OVEOUS, Published by Westbury Music Ltd. / Moca Arts ASCAP
09. Remix and additional production by Martin Iveson for Atjazz, Published by Westbury Music Ltd. / Moca Arts ASCAP
Mastered by Martin Iveson at ARCo. Labs
C&P 2015 Atjazz Record Company